[Fw_Os_Forum] UEFI license agreement and community-run implementations?

Kevin Davis Kevin.Davis at insyde.com
Tue Jan 5 14:33:11 EST 2016

Tom,

I suggest you contact the UEFI President, Mark Doren. ( mark . doran @ intel . com )  He has the answers.

Thanks,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: fw_os_forum-bounces at mailman.uefi.org [mailto:fw_os_forum-bounces at mailman.uefi.org] On Behalf Of Tom Rini
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:54 AM
To: fw_os_forum at mailman.uefi.org
Subject: [Fw_Os_Forum] UEFI license agreement and community-run implementations?

Hey all,

Putting my U-Boot custodian hat on, there are various parts of the UEFI specification we would like to implement in our project.  I'm quite glad that the specifications are freely available to read.  My question however is how would the adopter membership agreement work for us to implement any of the spec?  Would the people that are writing the code have to work for a company that has executed the adopter agreement?  Or is it possible to have certain projects granted an exemption?  I assume that this question must be settled to some degree for the EDK II UEFI implementation hosted by TianoCore.org.  Thanks!

--
Tom