[Fw_Os_Forum] UEFI license agreement and community-run implementations?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jan 5 13:54:24 EST 2016

Hey all,

Putting my U-Boot custodian hat on, there are various parts of the UEFI
specification we would like to implement in our project.  I'm quite glad
that the specifications are freely available to read.  My question
however is how would the adopter membership agreement work for us to
implement any of the spec?  Would the people that are writing the code
have to work for a company that has executed the adopter agreement?  Or
is it possible to have certain projects granted an exemption?  I assume
that this question must be settled to some degree for the EDK II UEFI
implementation hosted by TianoCore.org.  Thanks!

--
Tom