[Fw_Os_Forum] CDC ACM driver for UEFI

GN Keshava keshava.gn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:40:26 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm new to UEFI development.
So far, I have learnt about UEFI shell, build procedure and application
basics.

My task is to communicate to a custom board from UEFI using uefi app
through a USB serial cable from the PC.

Currently, the PC is booted to UEFI shell and connected the board through
serial cable and I type "devices" command, I see that the board is listed as

"344 : CDC Abstract Control Model (CDC)"
and
"345: CDC ACM Data"

Please help me to understand how I can proceed? and what works I need to do
in order to detect my board as Serial port? Is there any driver available
for this? If I need to develop the driver, please help me on what would be
the starting point?

Thanks.
With regards.
Keshava GN