[Fw_Os_Forum] How to detect devices that support touch

Venkat Gorla venkatagorla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 04:49:40 EST 2016

Thanks Aaron. Now when I get the list of handles, I am testing for the
device path protocol in addition to the absolute pointer protocol.

By doing so, I am able to filter out the negative scenarios.

I have another related question on this topic.

On some of the touch hardware on which we are testing our product changes,
when enumerating the handles, if we select the first handle that has both
absolute pointer protocol and device path protocol, it doesn't seem to
function always -- touch events aren't being received.

On the other hand, if we select the **last** handle that has both
protocols, it seems to work always.

So is there something about this first handle vs last handle that will
explain this behavior?

Venkat